Navigating Analytics in the Cloud
Whether your organization is launching a brand-new analytics initiative, or you are looking for ways to modernize and drive new value from your mature analytics platform, the cloud should be a key consideration for your strategy moving forward. From the potentially lower cost of entry, quicker speed to market and easier access to the latest analytics technologies, the cloud has a lot to offer today’s analytics organizations. However, with all the benefits come real questions regarding security, cloud vendor options and selecting the right architecture.
- The issues both the business and technology teams were facing prior to the cloud
- Their evaluation criteria and selection process for cloud technology and architecture
- Rationalization of their decision to go to the cloud
- Where they decided to start their cloud journey and why
- What has worked well and what is still presenting a challenge
- Where they are looking to go next in the cloud
Date & Time
- March 23, 2017
- 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Sr. Director, Solution Architecture at US Foods
Jim Caccia is the Sr. Director, Solution Architecture at US Foods where he has overseen their data management systems for the last 6 years. His team’s focus over the last year has been moving data warehouse and analytics capabilities to the cloud. Over the last 20 years, he worked in several leadership and technical roles at US Cellular, Experian and OfficeMax where he was part of the team that won the Gartner CRM excellence award. Jim has a Masters in Information Systems from Roosevelt University and a B.S. from Northern Illinois University in Public Administration and Economics.